Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, June 19, 2009

More of...Just the Trash and my Stash

Hello fellow scrappers:) I haven't posted a "Just the Trash and my Stash" project for a while, although I still do them all the time....soooo....I realized I need to share some more projects with you:)

I made this mini album focusing on my husband's 50th birthday. Our family surprised him by having ALL of our immediate family (kids, significant others, AND grandkids) together for the very first time! Whoo hoo!!!!












I started with a Genuinely Jane Arrow book that I got from Ever After Scrapbooks. This book came with 4 wooden arrow-shaped pages, but being the frugal person I am, I used only two of the pages in the project (which means...I can make another book later:)

I did add pages by using some corregated cardboard (from a cardboard shipping box...i.e...trash). To cut the arrow shape, I just layed one of the wooden pages on top of the cardboard and roughly cut around it with an exacto knife. I then trimmed where ever needed with scissors. When I do projects like this, I always ink around the edges of each page. Since I wanted this book to be masculine, I used a black acrylic paint dabber on the edges.

Using paper from Graphic 45, 7 Gypsies, and the Paper Loft (I love to mix the manufacturers papers), I covered the wooden pages. On the corregated cardboard pages, I used some Tim Holtx masks and glimmer mist on some, and some Making Memories acrylic paint on others. You will also notice that on some of the cardboard pages, I pulled some of the top layer of cardboard off so the corregated core would show through.

I then added some rub-ons, word strips, ink and more acrylic paint (on photo edges) from my stash. Finally I "blinged" it up (in a masculine way, of course) with Stickles.

I also decided to use sepia photos on this book which pulled the theme together.

Enjoy:)

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

even know my dad is gone I so love your idea.I am stuck on making things with cardboard..I love how it distresses....this is so cool...thanks for letting me stop by to peek..

Cindy said...

Adorable mini book! I am sooo getting into the whole cardboard thing right now. Love how you pulled everything together! AWESOME as usual!

PCM said...

I love your new blog - not sure if you have changed it since I visited last, but it looks so clean and fresh. I have left you a little something on my blog this morning! :)

Berlynda Phillips said...

I absolutely love this blog! I too am a thrify scrapper and I love when people are not sucked too far into the money trap of loving to scrap. I will follow your blog and cant wait to see what you come up with next!