Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another Frugal Tip AND Trash & Stash Post

This is just an awesome box. Do you know why?
  1. It's Trash
  2. It's an awesome dark brown color
  3. It was filled with straw
  4. It was covered by "acrylic"
  5. It was tied with a really sweet bow
  6. It's cardboard, so gives me yet another reason to dust off my old sizzix die cuts, whoo hoo!!

I just love the color brown, especially really dark brown...reminds me of a semi-sweet dark chocolate Hershey bar. To make the title below, I inked one of my flourish stamps with a paint dabber, stamped on the brown cardboard, put it through my Big Shot using sizzix alpha dies and voila...I made some really awesome letters! (also looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream to me.)


Next, I used the straw that was in the box on the awesome card below. I also used another technique that my friend Paula taught me today when she came over to "play". Thank you , Paula:)

For the block on the left of this card, I started with glossy cardstock and applied alcohol inks with a cotton ball. Then I added the blending solution by spraying it from a mini mister. The blending solution helps disperse the alcohol ink and lightens the area up a little bit. I then used a stamp from my stash (it's really a floral stamp, but looks like a tree here) to add a design. I also used this same stamp with "old paper" distress ink to the sentiment block. The straw across the bottom of the card is from my "trash" above.

I didn't use the "acrylic" yet, but since I've used it before, feel free to view some of my other "Trash and my Stash" projects for ideas.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

PCM said...

Lori,
I absolutely love what you have done with your blog. The header is SO fantastic! AND, I am glad that you finished the card - it turned out SO nice!! I had fun playing yesterday.