Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Glitzy and the Grunge" Mini Album

Well scrappers...I'm at it again:) I had an epiphany when I received a wine shipment from a local winery in Temecula, CA...
Why not take the packaging that any "normal" person would discard, lol, and make another frugally made mini album:)
Pictured at left are the main "ingredients" and tools used for this album.
I call it "Glitzy and the Grunge" because it kind of reminded me of the classic "Lady and the Tramp"...you know they belong together, but at the same time, they are worlds apart:)
Well I LOVE the look of grunge board, but being the frugal scrapper I am, I rarely allow myself such luxuries...then low and behold, I see a "grungy" material right in front of me that is just longing to be used in one of my projects.
My grunge is the bottle packaging (if anyone knows what this is called, feel free to share it with me) AND the cardboard box that it came in. Whoo hoo for fancy packaging. I just LOVED the olive green and cream colored stripes:)
I have shown below an example of how I put the glitz and grunge together...I cut a piece of the bottle packaging and ran it through my big shot, using various leaf die cuts. I then inked the leaves with various ink pads in my stash. Then I glitzed it up with stickles glitter glue. I put a drop on a piece of paper, dipped my finger in it and "patted it" on the leaves. I also drew around the outside of the leaves with a gold leafing pen.
Feel free to share your "frugal" projects by leaving a comment on this post.
Frugally yours,
Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! The leaves look like sugar cookies!

Trust you, Lori, to come up with such a creative and fun way to use bottle packaging...

Gloria Stengel said...

Girl, you gotta go to www.cropstop.com Message Board and play Chuck Green Challenge. You will win hands down!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lori,
Absolutely fantastic!
Super creative...WOW!
Way cool!
p.s. Did you drink the wine yet?

~~Eileen in Carlsbad!