Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just the Trash and my Stash Heart Tag

So I was checking out projects using Tim Holtz items (specifically distress crackle paint and distress stickles) for an upcoming make 'n take for a book club I lead at http://everafterscrapbooks.com/. I wanted to make a tag with a vintage feel but had a little "creative block". Well let me tell you...the project on Tim's Blog here: http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/february-techni.html couldn't have been closer to what I was trying to invision:)

Since I wanted to incorporate this idea into my "Just the trash and my stash" area in my blog, I asked Tim for permission to use his idea as my inspiration. I sent along my take on his project so he would know what I came up with. Lucky for me, he said:

"Great job lori – of course you can post it. Thanks! -tim"

Whoo hoo! Thanks, Tim!!!

Now, pictured above are the items/products used in my project. Without the Crackle paint, and stickles (and of course Tim's idea), this project would not have been completed.

The "trash" in this project is the tag (throw aways from a bank I used to work for), the wire...not even sure where it came from, but I know I didn't buy it...I covered it with a red sharpie & staz on ink..., and some "chip board" from a box I cut up. Oh, and I also used some "throw away" fiber that someone gave me. Now some of these items aren't typically considered "trash", but all were head for the "can" before I rescued them.

Here is my finished project. Pretty "schnazzy" if I do say so myself:)
I know it's a bit early for a "Valentine" type tag, but New Year's always makes me feel romantic, lol.





1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

It's so pretty and textured in person! Wish we had "touch screen" monitors. LOL