- Corregated cardboard
- Chipboard sheet
- Page from an old magazine
Techniques I used:
- Use of diecut (bird on branch) that I then ran through a cuttlebug folder and sanded
- Use of a scallop circle punch that I "altered" with water (sprayed from a mini mister), paints and stickles
The diecut I made was done using a page from an ad in an old magazine that was ready for the trash. I did adhere the magazine page to a piece of cardstock to give it more stability. I also used a sanding block (found in any hardware store) to easily sand the embossed areas.
I did originally find the technique used on the scalloped circle on Leah Fung's Blog. You can see her video of this technique here. Now, I did use cardstock rather than a dictionary page and I did just use water rather than a color mist on my project and I do like the results. Because I added some paint and stickles, my flower took on a really nice stiff texture when it was complete.
I have also done this technique using a piece of junk mail for the scallop along with Glimmer Mist and that flower turned out really cool, too. You can see that one here.