Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I just LOVE it when a plan comes together:)


I have to say it again, lol...I JUST LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!!! After many weeks with no scrappy posts, I am happy to share that this month's mnt (make 'n take) for the TNT (tips 'n techniques) club I lead is the perfect project to use for this scrappy post.
This project qualifies for two of my scrappy categories...the "Frugal Tips 'n Techniques" AND the "Just the Trash and my Stash", whoo hoo!!!! A double whammy!
To make this project I used the following "trash"
  • Corregated cardboard
  • Chipboard sheet
  • Page from an old magazine

Techniques I used:

  • Use of diecut (bird on branch) that I then ran through a cuttlebug folder and sanded
  • Use of a scallop circle punch that I "altered" with water (sprayed from a mini mister), paints and stickles

The diecut I made was done using a page from an ad in an old magazine that was ready for the trash. I did adhere the magazine page to a piece of cardstock to give it more stability. I also used a sanding block (found in any hardware store) to easily sand the embossed areas.

I did originally find the technique used on the scalloped circle on Leah Fung's Blog. You can see her video of this technique here. Now, I did use cardstock rather than a dictionary page and I did just use water rather than a color mist on my project and I do like the results. Because I added some paint and stickles, my flower took on a really nice stiff texture when it was complete.

I have also done this technique using a piece of junk mail for the scallop along with Glimmer Mist and that flower turned out really cool, too. You can see that one here.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW!!!LOVE the colors that you used! I am lovin' your blog! So inspiring!

Gloria Stengel said...

I loved making this project!

If you visit my blog later today, I have something there for you!