Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fabric, embossing, and inks, oh my!


Welcome to my newest "Just the trash and my Stash" project created especially for you by the Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

Supplies (Trash):
White cotton button down shirt
Buttons from old clothing
Ribbon scraps
Tags tossed by old company

Supplies (Stash):
Various Color Box Chalk inkers (I used three colors)
2 Stamps of your choice
Embossing folder (I used a Cuttlebug folder)
Embroidery Floss
Glossy accents (used for adhesive)
Stickles

Instructions:
  • Cut fabric to cover tag
  • Run tag through xyron
  • Cover tag with fabric
  • Stamp fabric with chalk inks
  • Emboss tag with embossing folder
  • Gently rub Chalk ink over embossed surfaces to add definition
  • Ink edges of tag
  • Add buttons and ribbon loop
  • Gently rub stickles on embossed areas to add some sparkle

Finished tag:



I love the shabby chic, antiquey look of this tag. I would be great on a vintage page, a beach page, an heirloom page, family page, etc. It would also look great as an accent on altered art...hmmmm, I may have to give that a try:)

You may see this tag on a completed project in the near future....hmmmm...those creative thoughts are just jumping around in my brain right now, lol.

Enjoy, and remember to scrap responsibly (and green:)

Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

No comments: