Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Trash and My Stash Paper Flowers

As most of you know, I've been obsessed with making my own paper flowers lately. Since I haven't seen these flowers on-line anywhere, I thought I'd share the instructions with you:)


The supplies shown above (along with some "junk mail" trash) were used to make some awesome paper flowers that I used in a layout (shown at the end of this post).

These flowers were made as follows:
  • Punch 6-8 circles using scrap paper from your stash
  • Fold the circles into a "cone" shape as shown below
  • Distress the folded edges and rounded top of circle (these are your petals)
  • Apply stickles (or some other glitter glue)...in addition to adding the glitter, the glue adds substance to the paper that helps to mold the petals
  • Once petals are molded, place on paper, spacing as desired
  • Add a button or another circle punch to the center
For this flower, I also used a flower technique I found on Leah Fung's blog. She has alot of great ideas, so feel free to visit her here: http://www.leahfung.typepad.com/


This is the layout I completed using the flower I made. Notice I also made a smaller one for the top of the page. I just took each circle I punched, cut it in half and folded the edges back to make a rounded triangle. The rest of the instructions are the same as above.

Enjoy:)

Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - Lori this is awesome!

hoping you teach this at TNT,

jacquie

scrapscha4 said...

I see flowers ahead at the retreat! Can't wait to try them out, they are beautiful!