Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am having the Time of MY LIFE:)

I was soooo inspired by an article I recently read in the April/May issue of Somerset Memories Scrapbook & Heritage Art, that I had to make a book for myself AND use this article as inspiration for the May challenge for the LSS TNT book club I lead. I was thrilled to see that this book gave you the e-mail address of the artist so you could e-mail them directly with any questions you had. I did send an e-mail to the artist, Lisa Super, and she was gracious enough to respond right away and was able to answer all of my questions about her project. THANK YOU, LISA:)

Now I should probably tell you that our TNT "book" club had been run WITHOUT an idea book for some time because there just weren't any idea books that "spoke to me". We've had some really awesome idea books in the past, but had resorted to on-line inspiration for the last few months. We did have some great challenges based on what was found on-line, but since I missed having a physical paper idea book to use, I was thrilled when EA ordered in many of the Somerset books. Furthermore, it was great to see that the book was a very frugal price at only $6.99! Whoo hoo!

Our challenge did come with a twist, of course...If you want to give this challenge a try, see the rules below (note: read ALL the rules before beginning):

1. The project is to create a mini book that displays your "style".
2. Select just 2 colors in addition to the "free" colors of black, brown, white, and cream.
3. As you complete each page, do it without worrying about the next page.
4. Don't over think this project, but rather UNDERthink it.
5. Use photos....or just journal...or just display your "style" through your art...or do all three:)

Yes, there are probably "loopholes" in these rules, so let your creativity flow!
Here is a sneak peek of my take on it:

As you can see I love to change up the sizes of the pages in my mini books. I also like to alternate between acrylic and chipboard/cardstock pages. I just love the layering effects that can be created with acrylic pages:) To see this complete project, check it out here.
If you have specific questions about this project, feel free to leave a comment with your e-mail address. If you want to try this challenge, feel free to share a link to your project via a comment on this post.

2 comments:

Lisa Super said...

FABULOUS book Lori! I'm so glad the book got you thinking about how fun even the most ordinary day can be. Thank you so much for sharing and for the shout out!!

Lisa

Brenda said...

LORI!!! I Love this book as all of your books! I really do need to get brave and do the acrylic albums...perfect placement on your elements! Plus I have been forever wanting to do a book on me...thanks for all the inspiration!
hugs
Brenda