Now I should probably tell you that our TNT "book" club had been run WITHOUT an idea book for some time because there just weren't any idea books that "spoke to me". We've had some really awesome idea books in the past, but had resorted to on-line inspiration for the last few months. We did have some great challenges based on what was found on-line, but since I missed having a physical paper idea book to use, I was thrilled when EA ordered in many of the Somerset books. Furthermore, it was great to see that the book was a very frugal price at only $6.99! Whoo hoo!
Our challenge did come with a twist, of course...If you want to give this challenge a try, see the rules below (note: read ALL the rules before beginning):
1. The project is to create a mini book that displays your "style".
2. Select just 2 colors in addition to the "free" colors of black, brown, white, and cream.
3. As you complete each page, do it without worrying about the next page.
4. Don't over think this project, but rather UNDERthink it.
5. Use photos....or just journal...or just display your "style" through your art...or do all three:)
Yes, there are probably "loopholes" in these rules, so let your creativity flow!
Here is a sneak peek of my take on it:
As you can see I love to change up the sizes of the pages in my mini books. I also like to alternate between acrylic and chipboard/cardstock pages. I just love the layering effects that can be created with acrylic pages:) To see this complete project, check it out here.
If you have specific questions about this project, feel free to leave a comment with your e-mail address. If you want to try this challenge, feel free to share a link to your project via a comment on this post.