Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Frugal Scrapper Tips 'n Techniques #3

Whew, I can't believe it's already Wednesday again! I hope you all had a great week!

This week, I have decided to share a technique I have been doing for a while. When I have shared it with friends it has been popular, so I thought I should post it as a Frugal Scrapper Tips 'n Techniques post.

I started this technique by dusting off some of my old tools and supplies that hadn't been used in a while...my tag punch and my eyelets.

I found I was making alot of mini scrapbooks and wanted to add tabs to the pages for added interest.
I started by buying self adhesive tabs and while I liked them, I knew there had to be a way to make them myself. I first considerd purchasing a file tab punch, but my frugalness got in the way...then I thought...hey, I could make "tabs" with my old faithful tag punch and eyelets!

Not only are these tabs really easy to make but the eyelets make great fastners (as I found that sometimes the adhesive tabs come loose after lots of handling). These tabs are definitely NOT going anywhere, lol.
On these tabs, I added some letter stamps (also dusted off from my stash of old tools). I really like how they turned out:)
If you don't have an old tag punch, a tag diecut would work just as well. If you want to be REALLY frugal, I'm sure you could also make your own tag (or "tab") with just cardstock scraps and scissors, too:)
Enjoy:)
Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

3 comments:

Candy Bello said...

cute tab ideas!

:)
candy

Nancy Sanders said...

FANTASTIC idea...you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you.

Cathie in UT said...

New to your blog but love your ideas. I agree about the eylet being more sturdy than adhesive.