Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Frugal Scrapper 3T...Repurpose THIS!

Oh boy, Oh boy....I am soooooooo excited....I know, I know, I'm ALWAYS excited when I have an awesome new 3T to share...actually, I'm excited every time I get to post to my blog:)

Well, this time, my 3T also qualifies as a "going GREEN" 3T, too:) Whoo hoo!!!!

I've just started using a new adhesive runner called a Glue Arts Glue Glider. I just love the neon pink and green color of this tool:)

Anyway, when I emptied my first cartridge (after MANY projects completed), I pulled out the empty cartridge and thought.....hmmmmm...there MUST be some way to re-purpose this...initially, I considered taking it apart and somehow using the gears in one of my projects...but then I realized...HEY, this cartridge has a cool rubber "wheel"...I know...I can use this as a BRAYER!!!!!!!

Well let me tell you...I LOVE THIS!!!!! It is narrow and has great control. Also the cartridge is big enough and is designed well so that it is very easy to grip...ergonomically speaking...it's awesome!!!! Now I'm not an ergonomic expert by any means, but it's a pretty comfortable fit to me:)

Below are a few pic's of how I used my new "favorite tool"...of course you may notice I'm also using my "favorite" products by none other that T!m Holtz.....

Just apply ink by rolling the "brayer" over the ink pad...distress inks are awesome because they are nice and juicy...kind of like "baby bear" in Goldilocks...JUST RIGHT:)

Next, I just start rolling the ink onto my project. In this case, I'm using white card stock. As you roll, the ink will get lighter. If you want the same consistency along the entire strip, just re-apply the ink and re-roll over the lighter area. I have found this brayer is very easy to control. You see exactly where you are applying the ink.
Pictured above are a few items I used this technique on...the far left is a piece of fabric (of course, this was re-purposed from a shirt that was being discarded, lol)...next I added the inks to a tag and finished adding to my white card stock.
I hope you have enjoyed this post. For more pics of this project, click here.
Now I'm off to submit this idea to Creating Keepsakes Magazine...they have a call for tips, tricks, and techniques. Wish me luck on getting my idea published:)
EnJoy!
Lori McCausland, FSE (Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehat a great idea - I hope CK picks it up!

jacquie

Unknown said...

AWESOME IDEA!!!

DeeDee said...

OMG!you are a genius..I have a few of thse saved becasue I just couldn't throw them away...I love this idea too...great job..thanks for sharing this with us...

Anonymous said...

I use atg gun, that is cool idea, I know they should accept your idea, cool, thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

How clever!!!
hugs
Brenda

Robin said...

Hey Lori! Super idea!! Teresa and I just started using this adhesive, too, and we LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I just emptied a cartridge over the weekend, but I was not clever enough to find any use for it! This is an awesome technique and I can not wait to try it...you are always amazing me! Good luck with CKC...

Erin Morehouse said...

Great idea- you could also use very small acrylic stamps on it!