Welcome to the February Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop:) This HOP is sure to knock your socks off. There are 30 amazing participants this month, so there are 30 opportunities for you to be inspired with 30 different "takes" on this Scraps of Darkness sketch (as shown below)!
Now for my take on it:
Now I have to tell you, I'm famous for "loosely" following sketches and this layout is no exception:)
I did use my February counterfeit kit to make MOST of this layout, and in addition, used some of the mini-challenges throughout the month as follows:
- The keyhole diecut is my version of the "faux metal" mini-challenge
- The large distressed flower is my version of the "Prima flower look-alike" tutorials
- My "non foto" theme is part of the "Putting Pen to Paper" mini-challenge
- Silver paint dabber
- Black Soot distress ink
- Barn Door distress ink
- Peeled Paint distress ink
- Alterations diecut (keyhole)
- Also notice that I used the "inside" of the keyhole to make photo tabs
Now, so you don't miss ANY of the AWESOME inspirational goodness on this HOP, if you didn't reach this blog from Kylie's Blog, head on back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog so you can start from the beginning:)
If you HAVE arrived from Kylie's Blog, that's AWESOME! I want to thank you for visiting and encourage you to leave a comment about your thoughts on my "take" on the sketch this month. You know us bloggers...we just LIVE for comments:)
When you're ready to continue on your travels, hop on over to Milissa's blog for the next stop on this amazingly fun "blog train".