Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I scrapped all day:)

WOW!!!!  What a GREAT feeling!  I working on a SCRAPBOOK project for ME!!!!...well, for me to give as a gift to my AWESOME stepmom as part of her 70th birthday gift/Mother's Day gift....I just hope she's o.k. with waiting until the end of June to get it:)

I've actually used this gift giving opportunity to work with some of Teresa Collins' new Travel line called TRAVEL LEDGER...I just LOVE this line...her famous combination of rich reds and black are mixed with beige and white (with a bit of blue and grey thrown in, to).  I just LOVE Teresa's knack for creating AWE-SO-ME scrapbook lines.

This line was just in time for me to make a TRAVEL album for a trip I just took with My stepmom and my sister, Kym.  We all met in Arizona (from PA, NC and CA) so we could do a mini GIRLS ONLY road trip!  We started in Phoenix, made a few stops, and ended at the Grand Canyon.  Since I'd never been there before, it was AWESOME!

For those of you who know me, I'm a bit of a "risk taker" when it comes to taking PHOTOS, so I got my sister to sit on the edge of one of the cliffs.  Then we made it look like we were trying to push each other off while my stepmom caught a GREAT photo!  Thanks, Pat...you are THE BEST!

We actually got alot of great photos, some of which are in this album.  I'll share a few pages with you now, and will also create a link to the album when I get it into photobucket.

I'm pleased to say I used a couple of my frugal ideas as I made this 6 x 12 acrylic based album.  Teresa does a great job of making it so we can use the strips on the end of her papers as additional decorations, so I did exactly that:)

Check out a few of the pics below:




EnJOY:)

I will be teaching this class at EVERAFTER SCRAPBOOKS in Vista, CA on Sunday, June 27th from 1-4.  The cost will be $45, which is an AWESOMELY frugal price for a 6 x 12 album with 16 pages!  Whoo hoo!

In addition to Teresa's Travel Ledger line, we will use my most favorite T!m Holtz products, include distress inks and alcohol inks.

Thanks for visiting and have an AWESOMELY INSPIRATIONAL DAY!

Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

I saw this today when I was in dropping off my July class sample! It's awesome!!!