Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday, T!m:)

Being out of the creative "loop" these past few months, I've been re-visiting some of the blogs I just LOVE.  One of them is Studio L3.  Low and behold, I find it's T!m Holtz's birthday yesterday.  So I decide to join in on this week's challenge and make a birthday card for T!m.

Now using my true frugal nature, I am still using ONLY my stash...luckily I have PLENTY of T!m's products I can use to make a card for him.  Better yet, it is actually my oldest son's birthday tomorrow, so while I'm making a card "for T!m", inspired by T!m's products, I will again in true frugal style, give it to my son for his birthday tomorrow.

So I get out some of my favorite T!m products and tools...my T!m Tonic scissors, my T!m sanding tool, some idea-ology time pieces and spinners, some T!m timepiece stamps, some paint dabbers, and I'm ready to go.

For further inspiration, I visit the Card Patterns Blog and find that this week's sketch is PERFECT for my card.  Although I did follow it "loosely", I was still inspired by the sketch:)

Here is the sketch:

and here is my take on it:

I used some paper I love but have to admit have never used (from my "hoarding" days)...it's Graphic 45 from the On the Boardwalk 8 x 8 paper pack.  As stated above, I used plenty of T!m stuff::
  • Barn Door Distress Ink
  • Pumice Stone Distress Ink
  • Ranger Black Archival Ink
  • Idea-ology time pieces
  • Idea-ology spinners
  • 2 different T!m clock stamps
  • Chili Pepper paint dabber
  • Snow Cap paint dabber
Hop on over to Studio L3 and check out this week's challenge.  There are lots of amazing projects to see!

enJOY:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a terrific card, love all the elements you have used

Becky said...

Love the card and the colours you have used.

Sue said...

Great card with great colors.

Christina said...

Wonderful take on the sketch--the group of clocks along the side is so clever for the theme of your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!