Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, April 13, 2012

Frosted Designs - Weather:)

Now, I have to say, I really wanted to get creative and create something really cool using our "weather" theme this week over at the Frosted Designs blog...you know, snow, sleet, rain, and clouds can make for some really COOL creations...but ALAS, I thought back on the reason I first moved to SUNNY California, AND the WEATHER I LOVE MOST...and just had to go with it...sometimes a frugal scrapper's just gotta do what a frugal scrapper's gotta do, ya know?

In addition to my LOVE of all things SUNSHINE, I had some AWESOME stamps I just bought over at Ever After Scrapbooks.  These are Technique Tuesday stamps, and I can't say enough about how crisp and clean they are.  I also had the chance to use them on some really awesome new specialty stamping paper by Inkssentials that I also purchased over at Ever After.

Also using some of my favorite Graphic 45 paper, I completed the following card:

I really don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of this AWESOME Graphic 45 paper pack...I feel a hoarding moment coming on, lol...the good news is that G45, as I fondly call them never ceases to AMAZE me with their paper lines:)  So with that in mind, I also look forward to future themes:)

Oh, and in true frugal fashion, I chose to make the pp be the star of this card...I even made my "embellishments" out of this paper.  Of course, the Technique Tuesday stamps are the perfect finish for this oh so inspirational card.

enJOY:)

6 comments:

Teresa Jaye said...

WOWEE Lori ~ I love everything about this card - the colors, papers, and design - all amazing!

Melody said...

LOVE the layout on the card! PS I dropped a couple cards off at Everafter.

Jacquie Southas said...

beautiful Lori - I LOVE the bold colors & patterns you have used

Gloria Stengel said...

This is amazing,, Lori. Did you put somthing on the butterflies? EP maybe? So pretty.

Karen T said...

I was really struck by the colors in this card! That does not always happen, but I love it when that draws me in. And the design, and inside are wonderful too! Great card my friend! :)

Barb Craft said...

Lori... this is beau-ti-ful!!!!! I love the way you created your sunshine! And you are right... the papers are awesome! Gorgeous card!

barb :)