Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, December 24, 2012

HOME is where our STORY begins...

Wow!
 
I can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas day already!  
 
 I hope you all have a most WONDERFUL Christmas Day tomorrow!
 
Since most of my family is back east, I've had some "quiet" time to work on some new art these last few days.  I've been getting my hands dirty again and have created a great FUN piece that I hope to be teaching a my local Scrapbooking store.
 
I am always inspired to create ART from WORDS.  I get a phrase, quote, poem, music lyric (or some other thought I can't shake) and from it, I create ART...beautiful, thought provoking ART...well, at least that's how I see it, lol...
 
So a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to create a piece that focused on the home...and I just thought, and thought, and thought about all of the things HOME means to me...from the memories created there, to traditions, and everything in between...when my next ARTFUL quote suddenly came to me...
 
HOME...is where our STORY begins...
 
Now, I'm not saying that I haven't seen this quote somewhere...but I don't recall, if I did...what I CAN SAY, though...is it "speaks" to me...for what are we without the stories from our HOMES?
 
This is what I "SEE" when I think of this quote:
 
 
First of all, I just love this Graphic 45 paper line...Curiosity Shoppe...as I have ALWAYS been filled with curiosity...and have many "STORIES" to tell about my curiosity as a child.  The font on the title is also from the same paper line and I just LOVE the medieval feel. Kind of like a castle...and isn't the home like a CASTLE to those who live in it?
 
I used multiple acrylic paints in this project along with some of my favorite inks, stamps, rub-ons and such.  I also used mod podge, light modeling paste, and a few masks.
 
My canvases have become quite popular over at Ever After Scrapbooks and I had a blast teaching my first canvas class a few weeks back.  I look forward to teaching this one as well.
 
Let me know what you think:)  I just love to hear your comments!
 
Pin It

No comments: