Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Frugal Scrapper Burns Out, lol:)

Wow, what a week I just had...I think this is the longest I've gone without doing ANY paper crafting in a LONG time! (My longest "non" scrapping period was in 2005 when I moved to sunny CA)...just coming from PA where (nice sunny days are at a premium) every day in CA it was sunny, I thought I had to spend my time outdoors...after all, that's what we always did in PA, right???? Well after about a year of "playing" outside almost every day, I finally realized it REALLY IS called "sunny" California for a reason, lol...and I was finally able to open all those crafting boxes I brought with me so I could get down to business again....ahhhhhh...what fun that was!

Now, back to this past week...I had an AWESOME National Scrapbooking weekend:) Last Thursday I assisted a vendor setting up their booth at the SD Scrapbook Expo...boy did I get a workout! My legs were stiff all the way through the weekend...I went from there to teach my first "Frugal Scrapping" class at EA. It was a HUGE hit!!! My next frugal scrapping class is on May 18th. I plan to make the frugal scrapping classes a monthly series. Check here for details on the May class:)

Friday morning I was back at the expo at 6:30 a.m. to "volunteer" at will call. That was loads of fun, too...from there I went to EA where I worked well into the evening at EA's National Scrapbooking "fiesta-ivities". They had an awesome crop where loads of fun was had by all. I then returned to EA on Saturday afternoon for an afternoon/evening leading the mnt's for the Saturday crop. By Sunday I was exhausted....and...all scrapped out!

I did place a HUGE order with SEI...they had soooo many $1 items available, so what's a frugal scrapper to do????? Shop, of course! My first shipment arrived today, whoo hoo! The first thing I worked on was a MOTHER word book for Mother's Day. I never really got into the word books before, but when they are only a $1, how can you pass them up? I just checked the site and don't see the $1 items anymore, but you should bookmark their site. They have great stuff and I'm sure they'll have a sale like this again:)

As soon as I empty the memory card on my camera, I'll share some pics with you:)

Boy am I glad my "burn out" has passed...Happy Scrappin' days are ahead, I can just feel it:)

Thanks for visiting:)

Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

No comments: