Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crop Stop Fall Frolic

Hello all...well as usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short as they say, lol...I am determined to do ALL of the challenges during the Fall Frolic over at Crop Stop.  Here is a link to the 9/1 challenge.  You do need to register at Crop Stop to participate, but once you log on, you should be able to use the links above.

It's a GREAT site, and I look forward to seeing you participate in the Fall Frolic Online Crop.

Here is the sketch they used:

and here is my "take" on it.

As you can see, I gave it my own frugal scrappin' "TWIST"...I started with a piece of yellow cardstock, altered it with some glimmer mist, paint dabbers (using a piece of rubber shelf liner to add texture to match my granddaughters sweater), then I distressed the cardstock a bit using my TH Tonic edge distresser then added a bit of vintage photo distress ink.

Then I altered a piece of laser cut card stock with some glimmer mist AND perfect pearls homemade mist.  I added some SEI rub-ons, my FRUGAL FOTOS, a few pearls...and whalaa (how do you spell that, anyway)..my version of the sketch is complete.

enJOY:)

Lori McCausland, FSE:)

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful LO, Lori! Don't forget to put it in the CS gallery so you can be included in the prize draw!

Anonymous said...

great layout Lori - I came by to see if you had more wedding pictures up

French lesson of the day - the word you want is

voilÄ
"used to call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic"

Jacquie

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the colours! Hugs Juls

Teresa Jaye said...

Awesome, Lori! Who knew a piece of yellow cardstock could look so good!

Truly Lori said...

Jacquie....where was I goin' with whalaa anyway, lol???? Thanks for the spelling/vocab lesson. You are awesome!