Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July

After being MIA on my blog for a few weeks, I'm happy to say I had time this morning to whip up a card that I will be sending to a dear friend's son for his 27th birthday.  You see, he is in Afghanistan serving in the ARMY and his Mom has requested that we all shower him with birthday cards for his birthday later this month.  What a great idea!  I was so happy to participate in this wonderful surprise for her son, Joe (or Joey as I know him)...you see, I haven't actually seen him since he was about 10 years old.

Now, I decided early on that I wanted to make a nice patriotic card and first found a great idea on Tim's site.  Then I saw a great sketch on the Card Pattern's blog that I thought would work out well. 

Among other things, I really liked the size of this card.  Now that I make my own envelopes, I can make card shapes I used avoid before.  Actually, a business size envelope also fits this size of card perfectly.

Putting all of my ideas together, I came up with this card which is sized 8 1/2 in. long by 3 3/4 in. wide:

So, Happy Birthday, Joe....AND Happy 4th of July EVERYONE!

1 comment:

NinaB said...

Beautifully done. Thanks for playing with us at Card patterns this week.