Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, January 4, 2013

Lucky 2013 and a new Frosted Designs Challenge:)

Happy 2013, Bloggers!
 
Wow!  This year is bringing a lot of changes for me, how about you?  Some are planned and some...well, are surprises...fortunately, exciting surprises for me:)
 
So the day after Christmas, I was told my services were no longer needed at my "day job"...you'd think I'd be really bummed about this, but you know what????  This was one of those times when I just had to say, things DO happen for a REASON:)
 
I am embracing this surprising change.  I've been really reflecting on what I'm supposed to do for the rest of my working years...now don't get me wrong, my "day job" came along at a time when I REALLY needed it and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I had, working for the company for 3 years...but I've known for a while that this was NOT my passion anymore...I was a banker for the better part of 25 years, and although I once had a passion for it, the light was flickering.
 
Soooooo, I am going to concentrate on CREATING once again.  I will use this time to reflect and do something that I am REALLY passionate about right now...being the best person I can be, and sharing my love of ART with others.  I LOVE to teach and am looking forward to the opportunity to do so.  With this in mind, I am very happy to share my first post of 2013 with you.
 
I've created this project for a few reasons.  First of all, it goes along with the Frosted Designs Recipe Challenge.  The challenge was to use at least 4 products in our project from a list of 8 items.
 
These items are:
Rub-ons
Transparencies
brads
eyelets
misting/masking
punches
stamps
stickers
 
On my project, I used a transparency (the film strip)...homemade from packaging, a filmstrip stamp and stazon ink.  I also used a brad, I misted the background after applying some distress ink over an embossed tag.  I also used stamps.
 
Here is my take on the challenge:
 
First, I embossed a tag with a Tim Holtz embossing folder, then covered the raised areas with stormy sky, rusty hinge, and bundled sage distress ink.  Then I misted the ink with water and used my heat tool to dry the tag.  Next, I cutout some gears out of grunge paper with my Tim Holtz sizzix "gadget gears" die cut.  I covered the gears with silver and copper metallic paint dabbers and then added vintage photo distress embossing powder and heat dried.

 
Finally, I added some Tim Holtz metal pieces I had in my stash, and stamped my quote on another tag that I then trimmed and placed on the tag.  This quote really "speaks" to me right now...
 
What IF your FEARS and DREAMS exist in the same place...would you still go there?  Well, I'm about to find out this year...wish me luck, lol...I am known to be a bit wimpy, lol...
 
I also plan to enter this in Tim's 12 Tags of 2013 Challenge for January.  Stay tuned for another great surprise to be happening at a local scrapping store near me...Can you say Tim's 12 Tags of 2013 Frugal Scrappin' Style?  More on that in a few days:)
 
Pin It

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This tag is amazing and it would be great to add to a scrapbook layout, I love the techniques used on the cogs, great ideas.

Jacquie Southas said...

I laughed when I saw the quote you used - perfect for the crossroads you are at Lori! I have a feeling 2013 is going to be a really exciting year for you!