Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Forever "Almost Summer" in Sunny Southern CA!

For those of you who may not know, I just LOVE the weather here in Southern California. To me it's always "Almost Summer" here:)

In order to remind me of our great weather, I recently completed two beachy layouts. Pictured at left is a layout featuring a picture of my grandkids and their friend taken in July 2008. I used my new Cricut Expression (my Christmas gift from DH...Thanks, Billy!!!...you are THE BEST!) to make the scalloped edge, the title (love that REAL SIZE function that makes upper AND lower case letters the same size), and the "homemade" flower.
To make the flower in this LO, I used homemade paper that I stamped with a swirl stamp before cutting it out with my Cricut Expression. I then used a stylus on the back side to make circular impressions on the paper so the flower would have dimension (and look more like the store bought flowers).

The photos in the layout to the right are from November 2008 when my grandkids visited for Thanksgiving. As you can see, it was definitely still beach weather:) This layout also includes some homemade flowers that I made using my Big Shot and a Sizzix diecut, some punches from my stash (and one store bought flower...can you tell which one it is?). I dressed the flowers out with ink and glimmer mist so they would match the layout colors.
Feel free to visit my LO gallery to the right (or here http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp23/frugalscrapperphotos/Frugal%20Scrapper%20Pages/) for close-up views of these LO's.

Enjoy;)

2 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

In person, the flowers are amazing! We need to find a cheap source of handmade paper - that does not involve MY blender! LOL

Brenda said...

I LOVE your Beach LO!!! The colors are awesome! You are sooo blessed to have the E I still have the Baby Bug and want the big Cricut sooo bad.