Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Frugal Scrapper is at it AGAIN:)

While working at my local scrapbooking store, I came across a pile if manufacturer winter catalogs that weren't going to be needed....in fact there were 30 of them...so being the Frugal Scrapper that I am, I thought....hmmmmm....I could use those catalog covers to make a few "frugal" projects....these deep jewel tone/earth tone colors are SO IN right now...kind of like a throw back between the 70's and the 80's...yeah I know...I'm old enough to remember the last time these colors were "in style", lol..

As I was looking for projects to use for my November Frugal Scrappin' Class, and thought...hmmm...why do a project that can be used for the gift giving season that is quickly approaching us:) I had a few blank CD cases left over from my last CD project so decided to make a gift card holder/picture frame stand, perfect for a project this time of the year.

Below you will first see the "picture frame" view. Below that are the flaps and gift card holder pages.
I used the Slice to make the die cuts and the scalloped frame for these pages. The Slice is such a perfect tool to use on a project like this since the shapes can go from 1" to 4", perfect for mini book projects. For a close-up view of the entire project, click here. I aptly titled this project "with Gratitude".

There are SO MANY people in my life I am grateful for, so this project is for all of you....with Gratitude!
If your in my "neighborhood" on November 12th and would like to take my "Frugal Scrappin' Class", call Ever After Scrapbooks at 760-630-2767. I hope to see you there:)
Thanks for visiting:)
Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

2 comments:

Juls said...

very crative and stylish! Love it!

Cindy said...

Awesome project!! Bummed, I will not be in your neighborhood to take the class. Did I know you had a Slice???