Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, July 16, 2012

Color Inspiration Monday:)

I just realized I did not post a project last Monday!  Oh my!!!!  Well, hopefully my project this week will make up for it:)

Now I know that many of you may have made this project as it is definitely not something new to paper crafters...but it IS new to me (well NEW from the perspective that this is the first time I've actually MADE it).

The pp I used in this is just the perfect combination of colors for my color inspiration this week.  I had bought the paper at my LSS about a week ago and couldn't wait to use it...then I noticed that it matches well with my color inspiration foto this week.  How cool is that?

So without further adieu, here is my color inspiration foto:

And here is my project:

I made a card box with a magnetic closure and 5 beautiful note cards, perfect for gift giving.  I haven't decided if I'm "done" decorating the cards and box yet, but wanted to at least show how I used the color inspiration above to create this awesome project.

Here is a picture of the box when it's closed.  I definitely think this needs a bit more pizazz.  I'll have to search for some additional inspiration and work on it more.

I hope you have time to make something inspired by color this week.  There are so many amazing color inspired blogs, I'm sure you are bound to find something you love!

2 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! Love those colours.

Gloria Stengel said...

My fav collection! Love your cards and the box AND the inspiration photo!