Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Time to Celebrate!

I'm still lovin' the paper I've been working with the last few days and found an awesome card to use for inspiration here.

Here is the card I used as inspiration. 

I just love the patriotic feel of it and the paper used is awesome...alas, I don't have any of this paper in my "stash", so I had to adlib and use some of the wonderful paper I used over the last few days...I'm actually really happy to be continuing with the same paper stash until it's gone...otherwise, I end up with a bunch of "been there, done that" scraps...ya'll know what I mean, right?  A huge THANK YOU to Tina Hale for sharing this great card here.

Anyway, I really think that each of the cards I have made have their own "personality", so I still feel I'm being creatively original...except for the fact that I'm using some awesome inspiration I'm finding these days and loosely "lifting" the layout.  Of course, I just LOVE to give credit where credit is due, and always try to link back to where I find my inspiration, as I've done above.  That's what it's all about in this cyber world of all things creative anyway.  I'd be VERY flattered if ya'll use one of my original creations as inspiration for a project of your own:)

Now, for my take on it...I loved the inspiration piece so much, that I really didn't change it much...why mess with perfection, right?

and here is a close-up of the words on one of my patterned papers.  Initially, I thought the card looked a bit plain and I was going to cover this paper up, but then when I read the words that were showing, I decided, the words added to the creativity and message of the project so I left them exposed.
Happy 4th of July to you all!

4 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

love the pinwheel Lori - hope you have something fun planned for today!

Jacquie Southas said...

love the pinwheel Lori - hope you have something fun planned for today!

scrappymo! said...

That pinwheel is just too cute!

Gloria Stengel said...

Love your take on this! Pinwheels are always a good idea, as is gingham ribbon!