Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, July 2, 2012

Color Inspiration Monday:)

I'm so excited to share my color inspiration with you today because I'm using an awesome project created by a friend of mine as the inspiration this week.  I first saw this on FB this past week and immediately knew I just had to use it.  THANK YOU, Dawn for agreeing to let me use your beautiful quilt as this week's inspiration.  YOU ROCK!  Please go visit Dawn's blog post here.  Don't miss out on her other beautiful projects, too.

So here is this week's inspiration:
and here is my "take" on it:

I had a great time making a pin wheel for my card by taking a square piece of paper and cutting diagonally into the center from each corner (leaving about a 1/2 inch space in the center of the paper) and folding every other cut into the center, just past the center so I could adhere with a straight pin.

Here is my second card from the inspiration piece:

For this second card, I handmade my embellishments by punching a circle in red and then a circle in a contrasting color.  Then I placed the contrasting circle in the circle punch on the edge and punched a bit away from each "side" so I could layer it on top of the red circle and create the same effect as on the inspiration quilt.  As you can see, I didn't do it evenly all the way around, but I do like the way it came out anyway.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Teresa Jaye said...

ooooooo, love your color inspiration this week - and the fabulous cards you've made!
Enjoy your holiday!