Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Year in Tags

So I was working on the make 'n take for the TNT scrapbook club I lead at Ever After Scrapbooks and I realized I'm missing a great opportunity to post some great tips 'n techniques...
You see, I've decided that each month's make 'n take for 2009 will be a tag since tags are small enough to complete in 15-20 minutes and are a great embellishment to be added to our paper crafting projects.

Even though I'm getting a bit of a late start, I will add the January tag to this post with a supply list and short description of how it was completed. I did post about the February tag and will link both of these posts to my "Year in Tags" sidebar.

January Tag:
Products used:

Glimmer Mist (Cranberry and Patina)
Picket Fence Crackle Paint
Staz-on Ink (teal blue and black)
Snowflakes (took apart a snowflake garland from the local dollar store)
"Thinking of You" rubber stamp from my stash

Directions:
  • Lay a few snowflakes on the tag and spray Cranberry Glimmer Mist on tag
  • Remove snowflake "masks" and dry tag with craft heat tool
  • Spray Patina Glimmer mist on tag (it's important to dry each glimmer mist layer individually so that the colors won't "blend"
  • Apply a bit of crackle paint across bottom of tag, let dry
  • Press one snowflake in Teal Blue Staz-on Ink
  • Layer another snowflake on top and adhere with a brad
  • Add Sentiment (Thinking of You) with Staz on Ink

There, you have it:)

Enjoy!

No comments: