Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thinking about a start to something FRUGAL to share:)

O.k...I'm sitting here in what should be COLD Pennsylvania since, ya know, it IS winter, lol...and it's actually been nice here!

The weather people are actually predicting 60 plus degree temperatures tomorrow...did I say it's winter here:)?

It seems I left my home in "normally sunny" southern California just in a nick of time...it's been raining...and I hear from my husband REALLY raining...pretty much since I left last Friday...now we've been living in southern California for almost 4 years...and if we total ALL the rain we've had in those 4 years, it may just measure up to the amount of rain that has fallen in the last few days!

Since I USED to have this kind of curse my family used to tease me about, I think it must finally be officially over:) It USED to always rain when I went on vacation.....but HA, it's not raining right now in "sunny" Pennsylvania...well it's not really sunny right now, but it's certainly not raining either...AND it's going to be in the 60's tomorrow...in February...in Pennsylvania:)

Now, if you're still with me...yes this is primarily a frugal scrapping blog:)...AND my "thinking" does involve frugal scrapping:) Actually for those of you still reading this post, I want to THANK YOU for doing so! I have been very blessed with many visitors AND have found my blog is actually a link from many of your blogs...I'm SO glad to know there are other frugal scrappers out there AND I don't want to disappoint:)

Because...you know..."in these times"...(I got the preceding saying from my local KUSI morning news guy)...

It's really important to be FRUGAL and even more important to keep SCRAPBOOKING and PAPERCRAFTING...what an awesome time to get out the pic's from vacations/memorable events/everyday life past and relive those memories as we scrap them. Let us spend time with family and friends AND reminisce...and journal...and create...and just get happy...I've found that it IS cheaper than taking yet another vacation "in these times", AND I don't feel guilty about not scrapping all these pic's from events past AND I do have the time to do it:)

Oops, it seems I went off on another tangent...are you still there? If so, thanks even more:) Now to the good stuff...I want to start a NEW topic on my blog...one that will have a side bar section of it's own that concentrates on the frugal tips 'n techniques I have learned and want to share...

Now I know you've probably used some of these techniques in the past and if so, use this section as a reminder...hopefully, I will also surprise you with some that will make you think "Hey, why didn't I think of that?", lol. I know I still have those moments when I come across a tip or technique I didn't think of...

WHEN my post is about a technique that did come out my little ole head, I will post it as such...now it doesn't mean that someone else hasn't also come up with it, it just means that I didn't surf the web and find it:) I know that great minds think alike, lol, so if I post an idea as my own that you've seen already, just consider it a "great minds think alike" moment...go on, just go with me on this:)

Because...for those of you who already know me...I am VERY honest!!! With that being said, I WILL sometimes post frugal ideas I HAVE found on the web AND WILL give credit where credit is due (by stating such AND adding a link to that idea when possible). Since I KNOW that I am not the only creatively frugal person out there, AND I occasionally have creative blocks, and I know it's NOT necessary to recreate the wheel, lol, I look forward to giving kudos to those that share my passion for frugal scrapbooking when I add their ideas to this list.

These posts will be separate from the "Just the Trash and my Stash" section and will be limited to one technique at a time (for those that are wondering:)

They will be weekly posts...short and sweet...(unlike this one, of course:)...and will hopefully be FRUGALLY INSPIRING...The first post will be tomorrow, February 11, 2009:)

Feel free to leave comments if you have any frugal ideas you would like to share or questions on how to do something frugally:)

Forever Frugal...

Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

No comments: