You see, I've decided that each month's make 'n take for 2009 will be a tag since tags are small enough to complete in 15-20 minutes and are a great embellishment to be added to our paper crafting projects.
Even though I'm getting a bit of a late start, I will add the January tag to this post with a supply list and short description of how it was completed. I did post about the February tag and will link both of these posts to my "Year in Tags" sidebar.
Glimmer Mist (Cranberry and Patina)
Picket Fence Crackle Paint
Staz-on Ink (teal blue and black)
Snowflakes (took apart a snowflake garland from the local dollar store)
"Thinking of You" rubber stamp from my stash
- Lay a few snowflakes on the tag and spray Cranberry Glimmer Mist on tag
- Remove snowflake "masks" and dry tag with craft heat tool
- Spray Patina Glimmer mist on tag (it's important to dry each glimmer mist layer individually so that the colors won't "blend"
- Apply a bit of crackle paint across bottom of tag, let dry
- Press one snowflake in Teal Blue Staz-on Ink
- Layer another snowflake on top and adhere with a brad
- Add Sentiment (Thinking of You) with Staz on Ink
There, you have it:)