Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Sunday, May 22, 2011

And so the story goes...

What a PERFECT time for an "and the story goes..." card:)  It's that time of year when WEDDING BELLS are ringing and buying NEW HOMES are on many FAMILIES minds...

So, I've been in a "NESTING" mood lately...ya know the kind that put you in the mood for buying a place of your own to call home?  BTW, heavens NO, I'm not thinking of nesting in the traditional way, lol...no more babies for this FRUGAL Scrapper...unless they are more grand babies of course:)  (hint, hint, Dan and Stephanie)...I'm just saying that my love of having NO maintenance issues by renting a condo are being upstaged by my need to FINALLY hang something on the walls AND to let go of the feeling that things aren't PERMANENT.

Anyway...I have a VERY SPECIAL niece who is getting married in two weeks, so I thought I'd work on a card for her...due to my "nesting" mood, I decided to use some of my favorite Studio 490 stamps...now I know I've had these for a while, but they ARE exactly what I just had to use for this card.

So onto the card (oh, and THANK YOU, Karen for your inspiration).

In addition to the theme, I decided I wanted to limit the colors on my card to natural colors.  Since BUILDING a life together starts with a VISION, I like to think that the color comes LATER.

and so the story goes...

Of course, I'm continuing with my decision to ALWAYS finish the insides of my cards...sooooo...


and they lived happily ever after...THE END

I made sure to leave some space on my card for a personal message to my niece and my new nephew-in-law.

Supplies:
Studio 490 Stamps SCS031
Studio 490 Stamps LCS018
Random stamps from the Carson Stamp Show (measuring tape and buttons stamp)
Bazzill Cardstock
K & Company patterned paper
Ranger Archival Ink - Coffee
Ranter Distress Ink - Wild Honey
Buttons from my stash

enJOY:)

3 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

This is just so adorable!

Teresa Jaye said...

OH - AWESOME Card! I just love everything about it - those stamps are c-o-o-l !

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Love the tape measure detail! Hugs Juls