Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom:)

While we are visiting our family in PA, we wanted to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday a bit early since we won't be here on her actual birthday this year.

My husband was going to buy a card for her, but I told him I had the perfect idea for a card for her.  I brought some of my October Afternoon pp with me which has this amazing vintag-y feel and was perfect for what I had in mind.  I also brought along some darling stamps I bought a while back...and here is the hard part...I forget who made them!  I tossed the packaging and just CANNOT remember who makes these stamps which is a REAL bummer since I like to give credit to the manufacturer whenever I can.

Needless to say, if any of you out in Blogland want to give an altered girl some help, please feel free to comment with the manufacturer of these stamps so I can give some credit....I just LOVE these stamps!


First of all, I have to say, I just LOVE this October Afternoon line.  The counted cross stitch pattern is such a throwback to my past.  I've always been a crafter and remember my grandmothers creating counted cross stitch projects that were AMAZING!.

These stamps were a perfect addition to this card, too.  (The birthday wishes stamp is another stamp from my "stash).  I stamped the lamp and telephone onto the pp background, and then again on another piece of paper (for the lamp, a yellow background; for the telephone, an aqua background) so I could fussy cut around parts of the lamp and phone to pop them off the page.  I also cut around the patterned paper and made my own handcut scalloped edge across the top of this card.  KEWL, huh?

The inside of the card is really kewl, too!  I just LOVE finishing the insides of my cards now...and the bonus is...when I give them away, the recipients just LOVE these cards...I don't know about you, but I just LOVE the compliments I get when I give away one of my homemade cards:)

The sentiment on the inside of this card is from Cloud 9 design.  I just love these "simple thoughts" kind of stamps...they are SOOOOOO inspiring!  This quote is perfect for my MIL...she is such an inspiration and DEFINITELY has MORE beginnings than endings!

Happy Birthday to the BEST MIL!

2 comments:

jacirascrap said...

Não sei do que mais gostei: do fone ou do abajur! Os dois são maravilhosos!! Fizeram um ótimo conjunto!

Juls said...

fabulous! great mix of images, I especially love the cross stitch detail! Hugs Juls