Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, June 29, 2012

Frosted Designs - Circles

I just cannot believe how lucky I am sometimes...yes, even in my CREATIVE WORLD...when I found out that the Fabulous Friday Challenge for this week was "Circles"...I started to panic...because I cannot remember the last time I made circles the focus of my crafting...now I do use buttons and circle punches and die cuts, but they are usually as an accent, not the focus of my project.

Then low and behold, I receive one of my crafty e-mails from Get it Scrapped and what to I see????  I see samples of how to incorporate circles into scrapbooking.  Can you believe my luck????  Well here was my inspiration and below is what I came up with.
Now, I know I normally show you the inside of my cards, too...but I just think the outside of this one is sooooo cool, I don't want to take away from it:)

I was thrilled to be able to use my Spellbinders Circle die cuts.  I used the small set for the color circles and the large set for the white circles...and ya wanna know what????  Being the FRUGAL person that I am, I nested the large circles inside each other before cuttim them out.  I figured since they are behind the color circles there is no reason they need to be a solid circle, right?

A project like this is GREAT for using scrap paper.  I've had some of this paper in my stash for more than 5 years!

I even used some old rub-ons I've had FOREVER, and of course a few buttons and flowers completed the card nicely.

Now hop on over to the Frosted Designs Blog and play along:)  There is a fabulous prize for one lucky winner from Mold Muse.  Hop on over to their site, too, and leave them some "love".  They make high grade silicone rubber to make molds that are even safe for foods.  They have been in business for over 20 years and make all of the molds themselves.  How cool is that?

I hope to see you play along with us over at the Frosted Designs Blog:)

5 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

love this card Lori - so bright and energetic!

Mold Muse looks so cool - going to have to check them out a little more.

Jessica said...

I love your card! It really jumped out at me when I looked at the projects this morning at Frosted Designs! I will definitely be lifting it in the near future!

Jessica said...

I love your card! It really jumped out at me when I looked at the projects this morning at Frosted Designs! I will definitely be lifting it in the near future!

Unknown said...

Create a design is an art. Designs of circle looking fabulous and other things like flower and button inside the circle add more attraction.

EVP Videos

Scrapcrazy said...

Wow I love your card, awesome, when I saw it I thought so cool, I have to do this challenge. Thanks for making such an great card.