I have had the most wonderful week...no, I didn't spend the entire week fulfilling my passion for scrapbooking, lol...I spent the entire week being reminded of the things that really matter...and the primary reason that I scrapbook.
My week reminded me of this book that I've had for several years and have read many times. I will touch on just 5 of the 50 things that really matter as I can relate them to the wonderful week I just spent with my family...
1. Bubble baths - My grandchildren just LOVE bubble baths. Seeing their joy took me back to my childhood when bubble baths were so special to me:)
2. Hugs - I don't think there is any better feeling in the world than a hug from a child. Each time I tell one of my grandchildren that I need a (their name) hug, their eyes light up, I get a huge smile AND the biggest, warmest bear hug.
3. Afternoon naps - How wonderful is it to see small children wake up 2 times in one day and be so excited to find out what surprising adventures await them? Also wonderful is the ability to fall asleep just for a little while and dream about all that has already become a great memory of the day (and re-charge to get ready for the memories that are still to come:)
4. Imagination - I know my imagination kicks into overdrive when I spend time with small children. My husband and I took the 3 older grandkids to a play about The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. My husband and I spent more time watching the grandkids watch the play then watching it ourselves, lol. The stories they told after the play was over were just wonderful!
5. Child's Art - A child's art is something that is so endearing to me...we had lots of fun with canvas and paints this week...and the artwork that was created will be something I cherish for a long, long time.
This was the first time since moving to CA 3 1/2 years ago, that we were able to have all of our children and grandchildren together for Thanksgiving. We had so much fun and took so many pictures! I can't wait to get them organized and scrapbooked:)
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday week and can look back on all you and your family has to feel thankful for!
The Frugal Scrapper