Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Saturday, November 29, 2008

50 things that really matter...

I have had the most wonderful week...no, I didn't spend the entire week fulfilling my passion for scrapbooking, lol...I spent the entire week being reminded of the things that really matter...and the primary reason that I scrapbook.

My week reminded me of this book that I've had for several years and have read many times. I will touch on just 5 of the 50 things that really matter as I can relate them to the wonderful week I just spent with my family...

1. Bubble baths - My grandchildren just LOVE bubble baths. Seeing their joy took me back to my childhood when bubble baths were so special to me:)

2. Hugs - I don't think there is any better feeling in the world than a hug from a child. Each time I tell one of my grandchildren that I need a (their name) hug, their eyes light up, I get a huge smile AND the biggest, warmest bear hug.

3. Afternoon naps - How wonderful is it to see small children wake up 2 times in one day and be so excited to find out what surprising adventures await them? Also wonderful is the ability to fall asleep just for a little while and dream about all that has already become a great memory of the day (and re-charge to get ready for the memories that are still to come:)

4. Imagination - I know my imagination kicks into overdrive when I spend time with small children. My husband and I took the 3 older grandkids to a play about The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. My husband and I spent more time watching the grandkids watch the play then watching it ourselves, lol. The stories they told after the play was over were just wonderful!

5. Child's Art - A child's art is something that is so endearing to me...we had lots of fun with canvas and paints this week...and the artwork that was created will be something I cherish for a long, long time.

This was the first time since moving to CA 3 1/2 years ago, that we were able to have all of our children and grandchildren together for Thanksgiving. We had so much fun and took so many pictures! I can't wait to get them organized and scrapbooked:)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday week and can look back on all you and your family has to feel thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lori McCausland
The Frugal Scrapper

No comments: