Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, November 14, 2008

Well, I can't hold it in anymore!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the holidays!!!! Whoo hoo:) I finally had a chance to make my first Christmas card of the season...this card was inspired by a card sketch I worked on for http://cardsketchaday.blogspot.com/. This is such a fun site! I just love the inspiration!

Anyway, making this card REALLY got me in the mood for the holidays!!! I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but since my daugther and two of my grandkids will be visiting from PA for Thanksgiving our family is going to be celebrating Thanksgiving AND Christmas on Thanksgiving morning this year, so we will have DOUBLE the fun!!! I just CAN'T WAIT!!!

O.k., back to the card...I really love the "olde world charm" of this card. It's not something I would have created in the past...I just had an epiphany and HAD to do it:) I'm so glad that my scrapbooking and papercrafting has expanded so much lately. I just feel like I'm growing every day by leaps and bounds! I hope you all are just as excited as I am for this holiday season...I can just tell already as I speak to everyone I know, that this is going to be a really special holiday time when things are returning to simpler times where spending TIME with those you love is again more precious than the gifts that wind up under the tree. Don't forget to capture all those wonderful moments...and don't stress over what didn't get accomplished so you can celebrate what did:)

Happy Holidays to all!

Frugally yours,

Lori McCausland
A VERY HAPPY Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

Very cute. I love that style as well. I also think I did that sketch too! LOL Only I used my Cuttlebug tree embossing folder for my version! LOL