Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Chuck Green" Challenge at CropStop.com


Here we go again....I've created yet another "Frugally GREEN" project. This one was completed for a challenge on http://www.cropstop.com/, called the "Chuck Green" challenge. Upon request, http://www.cropstop.com/ will send you an item that is normally discarded and your job is to create a project with it.

I believe the challenge ends at then end of November. Please click the following link to go directly to the challenge details: http://www.cropstopcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=346&p=2705

I created this cute desktop "picture frame" with my "Chuck Green". It started out as one of the plastic packages you get with embellishments inside (sorry, I meant to take a "before" picture, but forgot:()

Hopefully, if you view a close-up, you can tell how it started. This is another fun project made using "trash" and my stash.

I added acrylic paint to the background, accented with a gold leafing pen. I then added some flowers, fiber and diecuts from my stash. I finished off with the photos. The smaller photos on the leftwere actually trimmed from larger photos that were taken at a distance. I thought it was neat to see how they were "transformed" into some really nice close-ups. I also like the way the photo on the right seems to "float" in the frame. Finally, I added embellishments to the "back" of the frame so that when it is closed, it is decorated for gift giving.

To view the entire project, click on this link:

http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp23/frugalscrapperphotos/Chuck%20Green%20Picture%20Frame/

Enjoy:)

Frugally yours,

Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

You did a GREAT job with your Chuck Green! I have two Chucks sitting here to be "dressed." I also saved one of Chuck's cousins from the trash, and will decorate him also! hee hee