Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tag of the Month-August


Ok, ok...I think I owe my blog a few "Tag of the Month" posts, lol...
At the beginning of 2009 I had one of my "brainy ideas" to post my "Tags of the Month" that I am using for mnt's for the TNT Book Club I lead at Ever After Scrapbooks...

Knowing myself, I should have realized putting that responsibility on myself would be easier said then done...my "love/hate" relationship with what I'll call "Frugal Scrapper A.D.D."...(attention deficit disorder)...I am FAMOUS for having these great ideas to share my projects...and then I forget to post them because my scattered creative mind is off and running toward my next frugally creative altered project:)....o.k....enough about my quirky issues....

So I finished my August TNT mnt this morning...the meeting is tonight and the mnt JUST came into my head this morning...did I also say I'm a procrastinator? For some reason, I love the thrill of creating under pressure...I've been thinking of what I want to do for this month's project for weeks, but nothing was coming to me...until this morning, of course:)

I love this project so much that I couldn't wait to post it to my blog:) It's simple really, just a few basic colors (blues and browns with a twist of silver)...great colors to migrate from summer to what will soon become fall...I love the spark of silver added for pizzazz.

I started with a manilla tag and covered it with some Melissa Frances pp (Leah). I used some of my favorite T!m Holtz products...denim blue and walnut brown distress inks, brown archival ink, memory capsule and a memory frame.

I stamped on the flowers and background paper in the memory capsule with a Hero Arts "Old French Writing" stamp (I use this stamp for backgrounds ALL the time!)

After distressing the tag. with the distress inks, I added a swirl stamp along the left side of the tag. I added some silver ribbon, stickles and LOVE charm to tie into the chrome memory frame.

If you notice the stamped "circles" around the flowers on the tag...this is my latest frugal tip...I used a bottle cap as a stamp...you know, the kind that you use with a bottle opener?...another "stamp" I discovered is from the cover on my antiperspirant...It's a perfect oval AND has a little "handle" on it...you just never know what will work as a "stamp" next:)

Thanks for visiting:)

Have a scrappingly awesome day:)

Lori, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your tag! The color combo is awesome! Great new frugal find with your new "stamp"! Very clever!
hugs
Brenda

Erica said...

Oh, I love the tag. Aren't they fun to make? (Thanks so much for your lovely comments on MOSD. I'm inspired by your creativity, too!)

Cindy said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors and stamping techniques you used. I am going to see if I have any unopened deodorant so I can snatch off the oval cover and try your latest and greatest stamping technique!

Love ya!
Cindy

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh, love it. I am so sorry to have missed the meeting for August. This rocks!

Girlsinthecraft said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH,so very, very pretty.............deanna