Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Frugal Scrappin' February Class:)

I'm so excited about February's Frugal Scrappin' Class!  (You'll need to scroll through my "gab" to get to the pics).

While I was at CHA, I saw a few AMAZINGLY familiar embellies...FLOWERS!...now these weren't just ordinary "perfectly shaped" flowers, you know...they were flowers that LOOKED like they were HOMEMADE...Whoo Hoo!

Now ya know I had to study them for a while to see HOW I could replicate them and make them into a FRUGAL project, and I've done just that:)

I then saw some tips 'n tricks using the Tim Holtz Alterations diecuts (you, too, may have seen some videos on the subject).  So we will be making our VERY own STAMPS!  Yes, out of fun foam AND "trash" (well acetate packaging).  Each Frugal Scrappin' attendee will go home with their very own STAMP!

Also, while at TNT in February, the make 'n take was doing something I've been thinkin' about for a while...making our own decorative PINS!  Thank you, Jacquie (our Fearless TNT Leader) for hostessing such a GREAT TNT meeting AND an AWESOME make 'n take!  I love it when I can take an idea I've just learned and share it with my Frugal Scrappin' class!

So let's summarize...you'll be learning THREE awesome techniques:
  • We'll make homemade flowers TWO different ways
  • We'll make our own homemade decorative pins
  • We'll make our own STAMP
We will also use some of my FAVORITE products in class:
  • Gold Paint Dabber
  • Perfect Pearls
  • Studio 490 stamps
  • Paper from one of Tim's Paper Packs
  • Distress inks
In addition, for a BONUS, I will show you how to use an ordinary brown paper lunch bag to make card envelopes and embellies.

Please join us for frugal scrappin' on:

Date:  February 24, 2011
Time:  6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Cost:  JUST $15

Now for a sampling of the cards we will make along with the supply list:



Supply List:
  • Gold Paint Dabber
  • Liquid adhesive (that dries clear)
  • Your favorite tape runner
  • Adhesive Pop Dots
  • Distress Inks in Fired Brick, Black Soot, and a cool brown like Brushed Corduroy or Frayed Burlap
  • Mini mister
  • Black pen or thin black marker
  • Scissors
  • Paper Trimmer
  • Paper Distressor

No comments: