Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, June 11, 2012

Card Patterns Sketch 169 and another Color Inspiration!

I've had a blast playing with my new distress markers this weekend.  I LOVE the way I can color right on my stamps with the brush side of the marker and randomly blend the colors.  I wanted to follow the Card Patterns sketch but also wanted to limit my embellishments so the water color effect that the distress markers make would stand out.

Here is the sketch I followed:
This is what I came up with:
I just love the simplicity of this design.  I wanted the emphasis to be on the water color and sentiment and think this turned out really well!  I also decided I would use another color inspiration today, so took this picture of my placemats.
Actually, I think I'll be using this more than once, lol...soooooo many lucious colors to choose from!

Here is a close-up of the water color:

and the inside:

If you haven't tried distress markers yet, what are ya waiting for?  I bought mine at my LSS, so if you live in the area, feel free to stop by Ever After Scrapbooks as they have them in stock right now!

Supplies:

Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye 2008 Wild Asparagus
Cardstock - Bazill Basics
Stamps - Tim Holtz sentiment, flower don't remember who makes it
Circlt - was cut from Spellbinder'd die cut
TH Distress Markers - Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick
Border punch - EK Success

4 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Very pretty. You do the watercolor look so well.

scrap scha4 said...

The colors are so beautiful. Gorgeous!

Jacquie Southas said...

gorgeous Lori - such a perfect sentiment

whoistracy said...

So so pretty! I love those stripes. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!