Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, January 12, 2009

Just my stash and my new Cuttlebug Embossing Folders:)

O.k., so I finally succombed to the Cuttlebug craze that has surfaced recently and I bought two Cuttlebug embossing folders...I have the Big Shot that works on EVERYTHING, so I thought...why not jump on board since I only had to purchase the embossing folders, lol...

Boy have I been impressed...my friend Gloria who is the Cuttlebug expert at http://www.cropstop.com/ recently shared some cards she made using the Cuttlebug embossing folders with mulberry paper. Boy were they AWESOME. You can check them out here: http://www.cropstopcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=651&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=af=69&t=651&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=af=69&t=651&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a. You will be amazed:) Anyway, I was rummaging through my craft stuff today and came across some fabric I've had for AGES! I thought....hmmmm, I wonder if fabric will work like the mulberry paper technique...

I gave it a "shot"...you know in the Big Shot:) Well now I feel like a "Big Shot" because it came out great! Whoo Hoo!!!! (I did rub a little white ink over the embossed areas so they would be more visible.) Anyway, this card was made using this technique.

Since one of my many New Year's resolutions this year is to send more cards, one lucky recipient will receive this awesome card:)

Enjoy!
Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

Thanks for the plug! This WAS an awesome technique. And the flowers I punched out of that mulberry paper, backed with cardstock are pretty also. After I messed with them like you showed me...