Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I AM an EMOTIONAL SCRAPBOOKER:)

I've been thinking alot recently about how far I have traveled on this scrapbooking journey...all in all though, there are two things I've been true to since the beginning...my interest in frugal scrapbooking AND always making my photos the STAR on my pages.

This layout was one that I completed at least 5 years ago. After all this time, it's still one of my favorites...not because I used some really awesome techniques (although, I'm sure I thought they were awesome when I did them, lol), but because it is an overwhelming example of why I scrap...my focus will always be on the photos and the "story".

Yes, my name is Lori McCausland (aka Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire)...and I AM AN EMOTIONAL SCRAPBOOKER...

There, I said it:) There is nothing more amazing to me than capturing the "emotion" in the photo. Now I know that there are some AMAZING photographers out there...you know the one's that make it...really make it...I would just LOVE to scrapbook for them! There are definitely times when "a picture says a thousand words", but I still believe that just a few written words along side any photgraph (or sometimes even ONE word) will grab you and hold onto you...

Do you have that one special layout that just grabs you every time you see it, no matter how long ago you created it? I don't just mean that it grabs at your heart strings...it could be humorous, happy, sad, scary, etc. It's just the layout that you love as much today as the day you created it...not because of the paper or the embellishments or the techniques used...just because you were lucky enough to capture photos you could tell a story with...ahhhhhhhh, just one of the many joys of scrapbooking....

Remember, the photos really DO tell a story and should always be the STAR on your pages...the rest of the layout (paper, embellishments, etc) should always play a supporting role in the story line.

Shhhhhhhhh.....if we're really quiet, we may hear those photos "telling their story" now...

If you have a favorite layout you would like to share, please add a comment with a link to your layout.

Frugally yours,

Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire

They say "a picture says a thousand words"...remember to let your photos do the talking...

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

Great post Lori. I agree with you 100%. While I love techniques and love to try new things, I do miss my "old days" of just scrapping what I loved the way I wanted to scrap it! Warts and all.

Here is an older LO of mine that I love. It's about homeschooling and was when Jonah was just a toddler...I love to re-read that journaling!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii252/Gloriadee/100_0726.jpg