Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Graduate





It's hard to believe that it's been 8 years since my son, Sean graduated from high school...it was the "millenium year"...2000...wow, do you all remember that year? It seems so long ago...wondering if our cars would start, if the electricity would stay on, if our computers would self destruct, lol...


So much has happened since 2000...my son now has two beautiful sons of his own, but when I look back at photos like this, I still remember my "little boy" as he grew into a (very tall) man.


I just love scrapbooking!! The fact that I could pull this photo out of my collection of photos and reminisce...ahhhhhh...


I just can't believe it took me 8 years to find the perfect paper and the perfect layout for this photo. Again, I entered this layout in a challenge at http://www.scrapbookdeals4u.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1827&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0. I love the sketches they choose. I just found this site a few weeks ago and really like it.


The paper I used in this layout was from the LOADS of paper I received as the 3rd place winner of a layout contest at the SD Scrapbook Expo. The embellishments are actually from a Quick Quotes class I took while I was there. I really like the Quick Quotes products and paper selections. You can find them at http://shopquickquotes.com/.


Enjoy!


As always...Scrap frugally,


Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

Hey I recognize those QQ items! I have some in my stash too! Great LO! I remember 2000, that's when Jonah was born! I didn't sleep for a year! LOL