Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, October 10, 2008

Sweet Pea MOSD Acrylic Album Contest


This is an acrylic album I created for the MOSD Big Boy Guest Designer contest. It is a 6x12 album with acrylic covers and 6 chipboard pages.

I had so much fun making this ablum. I love working with acrylic AND chipboard, but this is the first album I have created using a vertical orientation.

I love the way I was able to place embellishments on the acrylic front cover that "framed" the photo on the first chipboard page. Also notice that "Sweet Pea" is on the first page, but shows through the acrylic cover.

I also added some swirl stamps around the album cover with staz on ink (love that stuff, too).

Included in the kit were these awesome "stick-on's" (see arrow on cover). I placed these stick-ons throughout the album and had fun using them, too.

Another exciting aspect for me was that I was able to decorate the album using paper I received in classes at the San Diego Scrapbook expo. I took 9 classes at the expo and was pleasantly surprised to see that many of the papers in each class had similar color schemes. I just love combining paper from various manufacturers and using them on one project.

I also love the way this album stands up. I have it on an end table in my living room. It's interesting to see how everyone that visits will pick this album to see what's inside. Of course, it's filled with pic's of my "Sweet Pea" (granddaughter).

The entire album can be viewed in my "Projects" section.

Enjoy....I know I did:)

Lori McCausland
A VERY Happy Frugal Scrapper

2 comments:

Robin said...

Lori- you've been busy girl! I love this album. And- I love your TNT recipe challenge. VERY clever (as usual!)
I will try it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! your album is very cute too :) I wanna make another one going up and down like you did!