Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, October 17, 2008

MDC Sketch Challenge - Halloween Layout



Well fellow scrappers...I've definitely caught the "bug". I am totally addicted to entering contests AND doing challenges:)

Not only do I LOVE the anticipation, but I LOVE seeing all of the entries to see how my fellow scrappers have interpreted the sketch. It's great to have a starting point (the sketch), as well as having the creative freedom to choose your own colors, photos, format, etc. I love the ability to "tweek" these amazing sketches to match my style.

I found this challenge on a great site I found called Mothers and Daughters Creations. A direct link to the challenge is http://mdcchallenges.blogspot.com/.

I had lots of fun using some of the Basic Grey papers from the "huge" stash I won at the SD Expo layout contest back in August. Of course, I just had to mix in a few papers from other lines, too. I just love mixing and matching papers from various manufacturers. Some of the embellies are from class kits I took at the expo and some are from the October TNT kit (Tuesday Tips ,n Techniques book club I lead at Ever After Scrapbooks in Vista, CA).

Enjoy:)

Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper

1 comment:

Tam said...

Lori - What a beautiful layout! I was just going through last week's inspiration challenge and that was another beautiful entry - thanks so much for playing along with MDC!