Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, March 30, 2009

Just Ducky:)

I was sitting out on the Lanai (Florida talk as I call this a screened in porch, lol) and these very cute ducks strolled over and hung around just outside (I'm sure waiting for a most wonderful snack). Much to their disadvantage, I had nothing to offer. I did, however, take this opportunity to study their feathers and thought...hmmm...look at the layers, one right on top of the other with the most subtle "inking" on the edges to add dimension. Also interesting was the mix of black and white on the faces which reminded me of spattered paint.

Nature is truly a work of art:) I am reminded of all the altered art projects I make (most of them messy which is the way I like it) where I have inked or painted the edges of my layers of paper or embellishments so they stand out and add dimension just like the feathers on these ducks. Also, the combination of colors are so interesting...the back feathers go from a dk teal/pine green to a navy/indigo blue to black. Mix that with the white/black/red on the faces as well as the yellows/orange on the beaks...can you tell I'm going through scrapping "withdrawal", lol...I do vow to use this color combination in an upcoming altered art project.

Stay tuned:)

No comments: