Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'll meet you in Sunny Florida:)

Pictured from left to right is my stepmother Pat, Bunnie and Tom Swartz and me at the Florida Condo in Naples.

Well, fellow bloggers, I'm out of town for a few weeks and away from my scrappin' toys...with that in mind, there will be a break in my scrappy posts, but I will keep you up to date with my daily travels and will share any scrappy news I come across:) Yesterday was my first full day in Sunny Southwest Florida. I few to Naples from San Diego via Chicago, lol...It was a long travel day on Thursday, but I'm glad to be here in Florida.

For those of you who already know, I flew to Florida to help my stepmother pack up from a 3 month winter trip from Philadelphia, Pa. She arrived with my dad in January and unfortunately, he passed away on February 28th. My stepmother is doing surprisingly well after almost 44 years of marriage to my dad. She misses him tremendously (as do all of us), but understands "life goes on"...

On my first day with Pat (my stepmother) we spent some time with their long time friends Tom and Bunnie who came down to FL to spend time with Pat. We had a nice trip to a local Flea Market, had lunch at this really cute outdoor place and then took them to the airport.

After dropping them off, Pat and I did make a trip to Joann's where I found some great alpha stamps and a bigz diecut that were on clearance. Whoo hoo, do I love a crafting bargain or what?

We spent a quiet evening at the condo and just talked and talked...there were a few tears mixed in, but all in all, I really enjoyed our time reminiscing:)

Today is Saturday and we are off to the pool. It's hitting 87 degrees here so sitting by the pool and meeting Pat's FL friends will be great!

Until tomorrow...will be looking for some scrappy inspiration and hopefully post some pics:)

P.S...I feel like Tim Holtz, lol...just not as interesting as a play by play from Paris, though...:)

Have a Happy, Happy Day!

Lori McCausland, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

It may not be as sexy as Tim's trip to Paris, but you are my IRL pal so I enjoyed reading it! Can't wait until ou get back!