Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Friday, December 25, 2009

Finally...12 Tags of Christmas, Frugal Scrappin' Style:)


Day 1- I coved the tag with concord grape and china blue distress ink, then I used a snowman stamp with some holographic embossing powder on black cardstock.  I added word strips, and some "snow" (snow cap paint dabber).



Day 2 - I used some clear embossing powder and the clock post stamp (from tattered angels) to make a "sled".  I distressed over it with vintage photo and fired brick distress ink.  I then sprayed a white prima flower with candy apple glimmer mist, added a greeting, button and some bling:)



Day 3 - The tag was distressed with black soot distress ink.  Glossy cardstock was covered with various alcohol inks (I think stream, terra cotta, sunshine yellow, and others...).  I added the "tree" stamp and birds with archival ink, then added some beads (from my 10 yr+ stash), some twine and mini brads.


Day 4 - made a memory capsule with pics from a magazine that I distressed.  I added some stickles for effect.  Covered the tag with randome stamps, added distress ink (fired brick, broken china, mustard yellow, and peeled paint).



Day 5 - I used gold embossing powder for the swirl, used a sizzix ornament diecut and an old metal ornament from my stash.  Used a border punch on some gold paper, too.



Day 6 - Made a "free hand" car, used a square punch for windows, added walnut stain distress sticles.  Made a sizzix diecut tree, dabbed with snowcap paint dabber.  Attached tree to the car with wire.  Used sepia archival ink on the swirl stamp and black archival ink on the sentiment.  Old buttons were used for the wheels.



Day 7 - I used a mask for the Santa, added some random embellishments and stickles.  Background is a musical notes stamp from my stash.



Day 8 - I started by stamping with a swirl stamp using blazing red staz on ink.  I tore a vellum sheet and covered it with musical notes using black archival ink.  The Christmas Carols was stamped and cut out.  The key is a sizzix diecut that I covered with a gold leafing pen.  The heart brad is from my stash.



Day 9 - I have to say this is my favorite:)  I took my grandkids to see Santa and the middle guy (Shane) was NOT a happy camper, lol...Dominic and Alex were not afraid of Santa, though.  I used sizzix diecuts for the numbers, covered with a silver leafing pen.  The phot strip is one of t!m's stamps.  I cut out the holes in the stamp with my square punch.  I didn't do alot of other decorating because I wanted the pictures to stand out.


Day 10 - o.k...now I have to say this was my "least" favorite out of the 12 days...I used a sizzix embossing folder, cranberry alcohol ink, and a sanding block to get this effect...(oh yes, I also covered the tag with aluminum foil first)...



Day 11 - Covered the tag with mustard yellow and peeled paint distress ink.  Brushed some white prima flowers with fired brick distress ink.  Stamped the deer and embossed with black soot distress embossing powder.  Added some buttons from my stash.


Day 12 - Well...this was my "second" favorite tag:)  The only reason # 9 beat this one was because #9 has pics of my grandsons:)  I LOVED making these grunge paper flowers.  I did use distress inks to color the flowers (aged mahogany and broken china).  I also used aged mahogany on the on the tag with a french script stamp.  Since I wanted to keep the tag "frugal", I made my bling swirls by hand with stickles.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at these awesome tags as much as I enjoyed making them:)

Merry Christmas!

Your friendly home town Frugal Scrapper:)

P.S...lmk if you find typos...no time to proofread!

5 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

You did a fantastic job keeping up! I love all the detail you put into each tag!

Robin said...

These are all gorgeous, Lori! And each is so unique, too. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Teresa Jaye said...

Lori these tags are all so beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas - we did!

kellyjean said...

THese are FABULOUS! Hope your Christmas was blessed! Have a wonderful new year!

Gloria Stengel said...

My favs are 9 and 12 also! Your flowers on #12 are yum!