Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire:)

For those of you who have been following my blog, THANK YOU, I'm still here and as FRUGAL as ever. I'm just expanding my blog title to further reflect my "altered" muse. I'm still the same (sometimes goofy) FRUGAL SCRAPPER that I've always been and will continue to focus on FRUGAL papercrafting projects:)

Monday, December 7, 2009

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas-Day 7

Good news, bloggers...I read on T!m's blog a few days ago that it is O.K. for us to post his 12 Tags of Christmas 2009 logo AND the pic of the day's finished tag...how awesome is that?

With that in mind, I wanted to post the logo (below) because I think it is REALLY cool...and because I used the calendar stamp for my take on today's tag:)

First I want to show you my take on Tim's tag...then down below, I'll show Tim's tag that we are all using for inspiration. I thought this would make it easier to compare my "take" on it to his. Hopefully, between the two, you'll be inspired to do you "take" on it...if you are playing along, too, I'd love to see your tag...leave me a comment with a link...can't wait to see them:)

Now, since I DID do this tag ahead of time (for use in my upcoming Frugal Scrappin' Class), I'm going to use it for day 7 because it's made using similar inspiration....and it allows me more time to go back and work on day 5 and 6...sheesh...I've still got alot of catching up to do:)


I did use the same masking technique as Tim, but did put a little "frugal scrappin' twist on it. Instead of the swirl stamps that Tim used (which I LOVE), I added a stamped calendar and clock.

The clock was stamped with Stazon ink onto acetate (re-purposed from packaging, of course). I added some glimmer paper behind it and adhered it with a brad.

I then used the BELIEVE stamp which is part of the Stampers Anonymous stamp set I have (along with the Santa I used AND the calendar).

The musical notes in the background are from a stamp in my stash...not sure what company that is from...(sorry)...I DO LOVE that musical notes stamp, though:)

I used the Ranger black archival ink on the Santa stamp, the calendar and BELIEVE. I used black Stazon for the clock and black distress ink on the musical notes. (Part of what I'm teaching my class is that ALL 3 black inks are necessary due to the different advantages each has).

I distressed the tag with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint distress inks...of course I also distressed the edges of my tag, the calendar and BELIEVE...unfortunately, I don't have one of Tim's handy dandy distress tools, so I had to do it frugal scrappre style...with my scissors:)

Now for Tim's tag:
Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Here's to having an amazingly creative day!

Lori M. FSE:)

No comments: